|Spinach Tomato Omelette with Cheese|
My dear daughter-in-law is pregnant and came up with this omelette as a super healthy lunch. I've been making it for her most days and have gotten to love it too. It's so easy I have to share.
First of all, this is really scrambled eggs, but we've been calling it an omelette. If you are more organized than I am, you can make it as an omelette.
Omelette for One
1. Put a little butter in the skillet.
2. Beat 2 eggs.
3. Cut 6 or 7 washed grape tomatoes in half. (I usually throw in more as you can see in the picture.)
4. Melt the butter, pour in the beaten eggs and keep the heat at medium.
5. Top with 2 handfulls (or a little less) of baby spinach.
6. Throw the tomato halves on top of the spinach.
7. Sprinkle on 1-2 handfulls of shredded fiesta cheese.
8. Start stirring all of it and keep stirring until the spinach is wilted and the cheese is melted.
9. It's ready to serve. (If the skins start coming off the tomato halves you know it's past time to turn it all onto a plate.)
10. She likes whole grain English muffins and jam with it. Quite tasty actually.
So that's what I've been making most days as we wait for our bundle of joy. It's really quick to make once you get in the routine of it. It would be a great easy meal to make on nights when you need something healthy, tasty, & fast.
Give it a try. I think you'll like it!
Click on any label below for more recipes.